Looking for the recipe of something you tasted at Putnam's? Our Executive Chef is sharing the secrets right here. Stop by often as more recipes wll appear.
Pan Roasted Maple Leaf Duck, Hudson Valley Bourbon Glaze
2 Duck Breast cleaned and the fat scored
1 cup of Hudson Valley Bourbon reduced to ¼ cup
3 Tbs orange marmalade
1 cup demi glace
Mix, reduce ¼
Season the breast with salt and pepper
Place the duck skin side down in a cold sauté pan over mid to low heat
Render the fat down to a golden brown crisp
Turn over only to sear the meat side quickly to achieve a quick sear
Rest for 2 min.
Slice and Serve with your favorite Potato/Rice and Fresh Garden Vegetables
Saratoga Lager Onion Soup
4 each,Yellow Onions (Cut into strips)
2 each, Red Onion (Julienne)
1 bunch, Scallions (Cut into strips)
1 clove, Fresh Garlic (Chopped)
1 each, Fresh Shallot (Cut into strips)
¼ Cup, Butter
1 each, Bay leaf
Pinch, Dry Basil Leaf
Pinch, Dry Oregano Leaf
Pinch, Dry Thyme Leaf
Pinch, Dry Granulated Onion
Pinch, Dry Granulated Garlic
1 teaspoon, Beef Base
1 teaspoon, Chicken Base
3 bottles, Lager
1 quart, Water
1 tablespoon, Worcestershire
Salt and Pepper as needed
1. Cook Onions, Garlic and Shallots with Butter until they are light brown in color.
2. Add dry spices and cook additional 5 minutes.
3. Add Bases and Beer.
4. Add Water and bring to boil; Reduce heat and let simmer for 15 min.
5. Turn off heat and season to taste with S & P if needed.
6. Add French Bread Croutons, Sliced Swiss Cheese, shaved Parmesan and Asiago
7. Bake in oven safe bowl until cheese is melted and golden brown
Butternut Squash Bisque
Butternut Squash (Peeled & Med. Dice) 5 #
Ground Cinnamon ½ Teaspoon
Ground Cayenne Pepper ¼ Teaspoon
Salt & Pepper To Taste
Chicken or Vegetable Stock 1.5 Gallons
Butter ½ #
Heavy Cream ½ Quart
Pure Maple Syrup ¼ Cup
1. Sweat Squash with Butter
2. Add Nutmeg & Cayenne
3. Add Chicken Stock. Cook till very tender!
4. Puree with Stick Blender then Strain through Mesh Strainer
5. Add Heavy Cream
6. Add Maple Syrup (To desired Sweetness)
7. Season to taste with S & P
Garnish: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds or Cinnamon Maple Croutons